Gladesville today is a thriving suburb with good schools, shops and restaurants. Incorporating the waterside homes of Henley the area is 155 hectares. Gladesville lies between Victoria Road and the broad reaches of the Parramatta River, less than 10km from the CBD.
In Gladesville and its adjoining riverside suburbs of Henley and Putney, there are very few waterfront properties that don’t have spectacular views down river to the Gladesville Bridge, across the Parramatta river to Abbotsford Bay or upstream toward Cabarita Point.
The expansive grounds of Gladesville Hospital and a delightful, shoreline park which extends to the shadows of the bridge lend a green air to the area.
A relaxing walk through the waterfront reserve takes you to a wharf from where you catch the river catamarans into the city or up the river to historic Parramatta.
Things to see & do…
- Take a stroll along the waters edge
- Enjoy a picnic in Banjo Paterson Park or coffee at ‘Rockend’ cottage, once home to Australia’s most well-known poet
- Visit an onsite herbalist or enjoy a massage or pamper session at a local health centre
- Row or fish in either the Parramatta or Lane Cove River
- Distance: 10km northwest from Sydney CBD
- River cat: from Circular Quay & Parramatta
- Bus: 510, 515, 520, L20, 500 from Circular Quay & Parramatta