Abbotsford today is an established suburb though the past few years has seen a huge growth in population due to the developments of new units on redundant industrial sites.Abbotsford Cove is Australia’s finest waterfront lifestyle estate.
Nestled on 9.6ha (25 acres) of gently undulating waterfront land, with a superb North Easterly aspect over Fig Tree Bay, Abbotsford Cove offers residents a secure, quiet, picturesque location and a superb maintenance-free lifestyle in a master-planned environment on the shore of Sydney Harbour.
Abbotsford is also the place where Henry Lawson died in a small cottage almost opposite Abbotsford School and a memorial was completed to commemorate this great Australian.
Things to see & do…
- Find the Abbotsford boatshed – one of the oldest boatsheds on Sydney Harbour
- Learn to sail with Abbotsford 12ft Flying Squadron
- Take in the surrounding of the beautifully landscaped council reserve previously home to Abbotsford Quarantine Station
- Distance: 7km from CBD
- Bus: 438 from Circular Quay
- Bus: L38 Abbotsford – Five Dock – Circular Quay
- Ferry: to Circular Quay & Parramatta